POSITION: Seasonal Creative Sales Associate
START DATE: November 2019
DUE DATE: Apply by Monday November 11th, 2019
Cambie Design is currently in search of a Creative Sales Associate to join our team this holiday season!
As Cambie’s Creative Sales Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of a thriving business and contribute to its growth. This role is perfect for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, interest in retail and design, and enjoys learning by jumping in with both feet. As with most emerging businesses, this role requires someone with a set of dynamic skills.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
• Has a background in sales and is also intuitive and empathetic with a passion for the customer experience; from working in the store a few days a week to packaging one of our beloved textiles for a customer 3,000 kms away, you must be able to make customers and guests feel welcomed, appreciated, and attended to.
• Wants to help Cambie grow; from suggesting complimentary products to potentially carry in the store, as well as other sales or marketing opportunities, you must have a deep understanding of the Cambie brand and ways it can grow by accommodating the wants and needs of customers and the market.
• Rocks on social media; able to grow Cambie's online following on Instagram and Facebook, curate beautiful and complimentary images on Pinterest, strong copywriting skills for our blog, and a basic understanding of social platform metrics and analytics.
• Has an eye for the Cambie aesthetic and all things visually pleasing and is able to merchandise the store, windows, pop-up events, and photo shoots with keen attention to detail.
• Can tackle the daily behind-the-scenes operations that keep things running; tracking inventory, tidying and organizing the store, packaging and ensuring online orders are fulfilled, and answering customer inquiries and emails with a personable and professional tone.
• Is creative and crafty – able to tackle any DIY project and have an appreciation for product, textile and interior design.
• Is organized, responsible and able to work as part of a team, but also independently, when required. You don’t wait around to be told what you to do, take initiative, are always thinking two steps ahead, and can execute a task from start to finish.
• Shows up on time, commits to tasks, doesn’t make excuses, and has loads of integrity and pride their role.
• Is amazing with people, has patience, empathy, and is able to communicate very well with both customers and the Cambie team.
• Is passionate and feels fulfilled in helping a business grow.
THE FINE PRINT:
This role will currently require you to work between 10-15 hours per week, which includes either Saturday or Sunday. This position has the potential to grow into a long-term position following the holiday season.
To apply, please email your resume with the subject "CAMBIE Seasonal Part-Time Application" to <email@example.com>. Along with your resume, please provide links to your Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram accounts and, rather than sending us a cover letter, please also include your answers to the following questions:
1) What 2 new products would you suggest to sell in our store and why?
2) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
3) Why do you think you would be a good fit at Cambie?
We look forward to hearing from you!